Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lithuania's Got Talent

Martynas Levickis is the most recent winner of Lithuania's Got Talent. He is a 3rd year accordion  student at RAM and asked me a few weeks ago if I was available to take some photos of him for a magazine in Lithuania.  The idea of the photo shoot was to show the world that he is now living in a big city, as opposed to his small town in Lithuania.

In order to capture the "busy" atmosphere for the photos, I had to stand in the street with cars zooming both ways, on top of rooftops, climbing up ladders, etc.  The sentence I probably said the most was "Martynas, you NEED to tell me and warn me when cars are coming my way, okay?"  The shoot was in two sessions on two different days.  After the first day, Martynas and I sat outside of a Starbucks with our coffees and talked for awhile.  We talked about how our lives have changed since we moved to London, how we ourselves have changed, and how music influences us.  It was really nice to talk to him outside of RAM atmosphere.

Since my quartet (ARIES) recently won the Wolfe Wolfinsohn Quartet Prize, Martynas asked if we would premier his string quartet.  He ended up dedicating it to us which was very sweet of him.









2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lila, for a nice little article about our photographical experiences :) It was nice working with you and thanks for nice pics :)
    - Martynas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martynas, These are great pictures of you and keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete